Preserving your trust is very important to us at the United Fire Group. We recognize that private and confidential information we learn about our customers should only be used responsibly.
We collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms you complete in connection with processing your request to purchase our insurance products.
- Information we receive in connection with the processing of your claims or requests for payment concerning our insurance products.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency or similar third parties (when part of our insurance underwriting practices).
- Information we receive from other parties, such as a work history obtained from an employer (when part of our insurance underwriting practices).
- Information about your transactions with us and our affiliates such as your payment history on your account balances.
- Individually identifiable health information, such as your medical history (when part of our insurance underwriting practices or in connection with a claim for benefits).
- Information we receive from you from our web site.
We use this information to issue and administer competitive insurance products and services and to develop marketing programs and products to better allow you to make informed decisions concerning the insurance protection you may need. Our practices are designed to manage this information carefully.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to non-affiliated third parties, (or outside of the United Fire Group) except as permitted by law.
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law. In general, our disclosures are to parties that provide services for us so that we may more efficiently process the transactions and services you request. We may also disclose any information collected (other than medical information) to parties with which we have an agreement to jointly offer or sponsor products or services. Our agreements with those parties require them to use your information responsibly and limit their ability to share this information with other parties.
We do not share, internally or externally, personally identifiable medical information for any purpose except to process transactions or to provide services you have requested.
We have security practices and procedures in place to prevent unauthorized access to your information. Our practices of safeguarding your information help protect against the criminal use of your information.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.