The landlord only has insurance coverage for the building where you live. This means there may not be coverage for your belongings. If the unthinkable were to happen, United Fire Group wants you and your belongings to be safe. We offer basic renters insurance and many options to customize your policy. We have the coverage that fits your needs.
United Fire Group’s renters insurance protects you against loss from:
- Fire or lightning
- Windstorm or hail
- Riot or civil commotion
- Weight of ice, snow and sleet
- Glass breakage
- Burglary damage
- Vandalism and malicious mischief
- Falling objects
- Impact by aircraft
- Accidental discharge, or overflow of water or steam
- Cracking, burning, bulging of heating system or air conditioning or hot water heaters
- Freezing of plumbing systems
- Power surge
- Volcanic eruption
- Vehicle damage by others to the building and/or personal property
Our basic renters coverage also provides protection for:
- Property damage and injury claims that you are legally obligated to pay
- Medical expenses of others injured on your property
- Temporary living expenses, if necessary, in the event of a covered loss
We don’t want you to worry about whether or not your renters insurance will be enough if a loss occurs. By choosing personalized coverage options, you can rest assured that you are covered in the event of a covered loss.
- Personal Replacement Cost Coverage: By choosing to add United Fire’s Personal Replacement Cost Coverage to your policy, your covered personal property items will be replaced for what it costs to purchase them new at the time of the claim.
- Value Plus Endorsement: Though we can never replace the sentimental value of your most precious possessions, we can help make sure you don’t experience a complete loss. Our Value Plus Endorsement provides increased coverage limits for your personal property, such as jewelry, furs and silverware. There’s also extra coverage to help pay for losses associated with credit cards and fees charged by the fire department when responding to a fire call. In addition, Value Plus provides coverage not typically included in a condo policy, such as water back up and sump pump overflow, power interruption, and coverage for loss of food in a freezer or refrigerator caused by a power outage.
- Personal Injury Coverage: Responsibility for damages awarded to others due to injuries, such as false arrest, libel, slander and invasion of privacy, may be paid for by purchasing United Fire’s Personal Injury Coverage.
- Scheduled Personal Property Coverage: If the cost of your valuables, such as jewelry, silverware and fine art, exceeds the special limits of your renters coverage, you may choose to purchase additional coverage. Once purchased, this personalized coverage option protects almost anything and no deductible applies.
To save you money on renters insurance, we offer these discounts:
- Multiple Policies: You can save money when you combine your insurance policies, such as your home and auto policies.
- Loss Free: If you do not incur a loss with United Fire Group over an extended period of time, you may receive a discount.
- Loyalty: We value long-term relationships with our customers, which is why we reward our customers with a loyalty discount.
- Central Burglar and/or Fire Alarm Systems: These systems cannot only protect you and your family; they can also save you money on your renters policy.
- Increased Deductible: The higher deductible you have on your renters policy, the more money you can save in premiums.
Contact one of our independent insurance agents today to customize the coverage you need.
Content on this website represents only a brief description of coverages. Coverages vary by state. Some products are not available in every state. Please check with your agent and read the policy for exact details on coverages and exclusions.