Your home is one of your most valuable possessions. You’ve worked hard to make your house not just a house, but your family’s home. Whether you are a homeowners, a condominium owner or a tenant, we have a program to meet your needs.
United Fire Group offers protection for almost any type of home. Our basic homeowners coverage protects families living in a home, apartment or condominium. Our Signature Premier Homeowners Program provides custom-built homes a custom-built insurance policy that goes above and beyond the coverage found in a standard homeowners policy.
United Fire Group’s basic homeowners insurance protects you against loss from:
- Fire or lightning
- Windstorm or hail
- Riot or civil commotion
- Weight of ice, snow and sleet
- Glass breakage
- Burglary damage
- Vandalism and malicious mischief
- Falling objects
- Impact by aircraft
- Accidental discharge, or overflow of water or steam
- Cracking, burning, bulging of heating system or air conditioning or hot water heaters
- Freezing of plumbing systems
- Power surge
- Volcanic eruption
- Vehicle damage by others to the building and/or personal property
Our basic homeowners coverage also provides protection for:
- Property damage and injury claims that you are legally obligated to pay
- Medical expenses of others injured on your property
- Temporary living expenses, if necessary, in the event of a covered loss
Our Signature Premier Homeowners Program is designed exclusively for people who own newer custom-built homes. Besides offering you a choice in both coverage limits and deductible amounts, our homeowners program automatically includes several features not normally found in other policies.
- Identity Theft Recovery: When someone uses your personal information to commit fraud, you are a victim of identity theft. Our program provides coverage for your identity recovery expenses and services to help restore your credit and identity records.
- Homeowners Equipment Breakdown: Homes today run on a lot of equipment, which means there’s more risk of a breakdown. Our program provides coverage for the breakdown of your critical home equipment, such as air conditioning units, water heaters, furnaces, flat screen plasma/LCD televisions, kitchen appliances, computer systems, chair lifts and elevators, backup generators, and central vacuums.
- Value Guard Endorsement: You won’t have to worry if you have enough coverage for your valuables. A Signature Premier policy increases the coverage sublimits for your personal property and also includes these additional coverages: tree debris removal, rekeying of locks, refrigerated property, water back up and sump pump overflow, power interruption, personal injury, and fraud expense.
- Complimentary Home Inspection: To determine the precise amount of coverage you need, United Fire Group will order a professional inspection of your home. You will also be given a copy of the home inspection to retain for your records.
We also offer several policy discounts to help you save premium dollars. To view all of our discounts, click the Discounts tab above.
Your family’s home holds not only precious memories, but your personal possessions and critical equipment that provides heating, cooling and electricity. Providing adequate protection for your possessions and critical equipment is important. That’s why you have the option to enhance your homeowners coverage.
- Value Plus Endorsement for Basic Homeowners Coverage: Though we can never replace the sentimental value of your most precious possessions, we can help make sure you don’t experience a complete loss. Our Value Plus Endorsement provides increased coverage limits for your personal property, such as jewelry, furs and silverware. There’s also extra coverage to help pay for losses associated with credit cards and fees charged by the fire department when responding to a fire call. In addition, Value Plus provides coverage not typically included in a homeowners policy, such as water back up and sump pump overflow, power interruption, and coverage for loss of food in a freezer or refrigerator caused by a power outage.
- Homeowners Equipment Breakdown for Basic Homeowners Coverage: Most of us take the heart of our home—critical equipment that provides heating, cooling and electricity—for granted. Today’s homes run on more equipment than we realize, such as central air conditioning, ventilation systems and fans, boilers and water heaters, furnaces, well pumps, sump pumps, microwave ovens, kitchen refrigerators…the list is seemingly endless.
Home and extended warranties may offer you a sense of security, but protection can be limited and expensive. United Fire Groups’ Homeowners Equipment Breakdown coverage pays for replacement equipment that is safer, more efficient or environmentally better.
- Personal Injury Coverage for Basic Homeowners Coverage: Responsibility for damages awarded to other due to injuries, such as false arrest, libel, slander and invasion of privacy, may be paid for by purchasing United Fire’s Personal Injury Coverage.
- Scheduled Personal Property Coverage: If the cost of your valuables, such as jewelry, silverware and fine art, exceeds the special limits of your homeowners coverage, you may choose to purchase additional coverage. Once purchased this personalized coverage option protects almost anything and no deductible applies.
- Earthquake Coverage: Most basic policies do not cover damage caused by earthquakes. By purchasing United Fire Group’s Earthquake Coverage you will be provided with the additional coverage you may need if an earthquake shakes your home.
- Water Backup and Sump Pump Overflow Coverage: If your home’s sewer backed up or sump pump overflowed, you could incur thousands of dollars worth of damage. Everything could be ruined: floors, walls and appliances. By adding United Fire’s Water Backup and Sump Pump Overflow Coverage you can protect your home and wallet from these unexpected expenses.
To save you money on our basic homeowners and Signature Premier homeowners insurance, we offer these discounts:
- Multiple Policies: You can save money when you combine your insurance policies, such as your home and auto policies.
- Loss Free: If you do not incur a loss with United Fire Group over an extended period of time, you may receive a discount.
- Loyalty: We value long-term relationships with our customers, which is why we reward our customers with a loyalty discount.
- New Home: Having a new home that is 15 years old or newer means you could receive a discount.
- Central Burglar and/or Fire Alarm Systems: These systems cannot only protect you and your family; they can also save you money on your homeowners policy.
- Gated Community: If you have a Signature Premier homeowners policy with United Fire Group and your home resides in a gated community, you may qualify for this discount.
- Increased Deductible: The higher deductible you have on your homeowners policy, the more money you can save in premiums.
Contact one of our independent insurance agents today to customize the coverage you need for your home.
Content on this website represents only a brief description of coverages. Coverages vary by state. Some products are not available in every state. Please check with your agent and read the policy for exact details on coverages and exclusions.