Whether you’re driving to work, in a supermarket parking lot, or on a road trip with your family, it’s important to feel safe and protected when behind the wheel of your car. Being in an automobile accident can be a very emotional experience, but having the right insurance with the right company can help to ease a stressful situation.
Our Personal Auto program combines broad property and liability protection with a variety of optional coverages to meet your specific needs.
Our basic coverage includes:
- Bodily Injury Liability: Helps cover injuries that you cause to someone else in an auto accident. You and your family members are also covered when driving someone else’s car with their permission.
- Medical Payments: Assists in payment for your own or your passengers’ medical expenses due to injuries suffered in an auto accident, regardless of fault.
- Property Damage Liability: Helps pay for damage that you cause in an auto accident to the property of other people.
- Collision: Covers damage to your car resulting from a collision with another car, object or as the result of flipping over. Our coverage also includes damage caused by potholes.
- Comprehensive/Other Than Collision: Assists in payment for theft or damage to your vehicle caused by something other than a collision with another car or object, such as fire, falling objects, explosion, windstorm, hail, flood, vandalism, or contact with animals.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists: Provides coverage if you are hit by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver, as well as when an at-fault driver has insufficient insurance to pay for your total loss.
At United Fire Group, we don’t want you to worry about whether or not your personal auto coverage will be enough when an unexpected event takes place. That’s why you have the option to enhance your auto coverage.
One of our most popular optional coverages is the Auto Value Plus Endorsement, which provides coverage for:
- Rental Car Reimbursement: Let’s say you drive a Lexus. You can rent or lease a substitute Lexus for your temporary transportation in the event of a covered loss to your vehicle.
- New Vehicle Replacement: If your covered auto sustains a loss within 180 days of purchase or 7,500 miles, whichever comes first, this provides coverage for a new vehicle of the same make, model year and equipment as your covered auto.
- Air Bag Replacement: If your air bag deploys without your auto being involved in a collision or other than collision occurrence, this coverage reimburses you for the cost of replacing a factory installed air bag.
- Towing and Labor Costs: Having car problems? You will be reimbursed for towing and labor costs incurred each time the covered auto or any non-owned auto is disabled.
You can also enhance your personal auto coverage with RoadAssist 24/7, which provides emergency roadside services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. And:
- “Sign and drive” coverage within U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico with no out-of-pocket expenses within plan limits
- Towing to the nearest repair facility
- Emergency fluid delivery (water, oil, fuel)
- Locksmith services
- Flat tire change
- Battery assistance
To save you money, we offer these insurance discounts:
- Multiple Policies: You can save money just by insuring your home, apartment or condo with us, too.
- Loss Free: If you do not incur a loss with United Fire Group over an extended period of time, you may receive a discount.
- Loyalty: We value long-term relationships with our customers, which is why we reward our customers with a loyalty discount.
- Passive Restraint: If your car came from the factory with airbags and motorized seatbelts, you may earn a discount.
- Anti-Lock Braking System: Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems could receive this discount.
- Good Student: Full-time students, under age 25, can save money by simply getting good grades.
Contact one of our independent insurance agents today to customize the coverage you need for your personal auto.
Content on this website represents only a brief description of coverages. Coverages vary by state. Some products are not available in every state. Please check with your agent and read the policy for exact details on coverages and exclusions.