United Fire Group embraces a conservative management approach to business operations, which has contributed to its financial strength and stability as a nationally recognized insurance carrier. We are a generalist company and prefer a wide array of risk classes. Underwriting expertise is our strength.
By using a combination of conservative management, progressive leadership and competitive products, United Fire Group has grown from a small automobile insurance company into a successful regional carrier. United Fire & Casualty Company, the parent company of United Fire Group, was founded in 1946. In addition to United Fire & Casualty Company, United Fire Group also includes the following wholly owned insurance subsidiaries:
- United Life Insurance Company
- Lafayette Insurance Company
- Addison Insurance Company
- United Fire & Indemnity Company
- United Fire Lloyds
- Mercer Insurance Company
- Mercer Insurance Company of New Jersey, Inc.
- Franklin Insurance Company
- Financial Pacific Insurance Company
We are gratified to have the opportunity to protect the hopes and dreams of individuals across the nation.